Sunday, January 14, 2007

Patriots & Pickup Advice

Next time you're out at a bar and you see a pretty girl sitting by herself, try saying this after you introduce yourself and get her name:

"Let me tell you a story. I'm a mountain climber, and I have a large team that I assemble to make difficult climbs throughout the year. I just got back from my third expedition to Mount Everest, and one day, as we were nearing the peak, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye sparkling on the ground. I knelt down in the snow and picked up a large, absolutely flawless gemstone. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

Then look directly into her eyes and say:

"Until I saw your face."

Gold. Pure gold, baby. She'll melt, I'm tellin' ya.

On second thought, no. Don't say that.

Anyway, how about 'dem Patriots, huh? For the love of God, I think I aged five years watching their playoff game against the Chargers today. Holy crap, was that intense! In case you live under a rock, New England pulled out an amazing 24-21 win over heavily-favored San Diego to advance to the AFC Championship game next Sunday against their old pals, The Indianapolis Colts. Win that game, and it's on to Miami for Super Bowl XLI!




Yeah, my boy Tom Brady wasn't that great today, but he got the job done when it counted. As a matter of fact, the whole team showed how big their hearts were and what it takes to be champions, something the Chargers and their choke-artist coach and sore loser crybaby running back just don't understand. Maybe next year, guys. Go Pats!

No comments: