Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Get Off The Bus

I'm sure many of you blogreaders have noticed by now that I have almost completely ceased posting about my personal life, choosing to focus on writing "humor" articles, observations, and reviews of various media instead.

This new direction is intentional; part of a conscious effort to be less of a whiny douchebag this year. There are a million blogs chock full of whiny douchebaggery out there in the "blogosphere" (God, I hate that word), and I think the world can survive without me contributing to said douchebaggery. To put it bluntly, I was sick of writing "my life sucks, pity me", blogs. I've realized that they contribute nothing to you, the reader, and they certainly haven't helped me improve things.

Not to say that writing about personal day-to-day existences doesn't have a place on the Internet. On the contrary, there are dozens of fun, fascinating, and interesting blogs detailing the minutae of everday life, but that's because the majority of those writers actually have fun, fascinating, and interesting lives. Unfortunately, I'm not one of these people. And yes, blogging about what you ate for breakfast, who was an asshole to you at work, who you went out with on the weekend, or what family member got drunk and ruined your holiday gathering can be a good way for people separated by geography to keep up with what's going on in eachother's lives, but hey, you could also try these two new inventions I heard about recently called the "phone" and "personal e-mail".

So, hopefully this will be the last "personal" post that I'll have to get out of my system here. If there is some important, life-altering news that affects me, you'll hear about it on this blog, but otherwise it's going to be strictly humorous, observational, editorial content from here on in. Anybody who wants to get off the "my life sucks" bus, this is your stop. Have a nice day.

No comments: