Friday, December 01, 2006

Like You Care...

The screenplay is currently up to page 11 and it's going okay, but it's taking me forever to finish writing the opening of the film because I keep coming up with lines and ideas for scenes that occur later. I also wrote three more comic strips this week and the artwork that I've seen from the Madfrog is amazing.

Umass grad school is looking really tough to get into. I met with the head of the Communications department and he told me that out of 100-120 applicants worldwide, only 20 or are accepted and only 12 actually enroll. Yikes. I would also need four "glowing" letters of recommendation from former professors, which would have to come from people that I haven't seen or spoken to in over five years. Not to mention getting a high score on the GRE exam and the "personal statement" I would have to write, which is basically a preview of my grad thesis. I'm not sure that school is the best choice anymore. Perhaps it's best to just forget about getting my Masters and think about starting job searches in bigger cities.

For the second year in a row, Christmas is going to be a difficult time to get through. I can't buy anyone any gifts and I'm worried about my health. I went in for a complete physical and had to have blood taken for some scary tests. Please keep me in your thoughts and hope everything comes back all right.

No comments: