Sunday, December 17, 2006

Crashing To Earth

Last night I dreamt I met this cheery, beautiful, petite little pixie of a girl at some kind of huge outdoor stadium event. She had a beaming smile and the brightest blonde hair I've ever seen. She told me it was her job to make this announcement at the event then get flung through the air on this catapult/bungee device (like you would see at an amusement park or a circus), and land on a huge net.

So this little happy-go-lucky waif gets strapped into this thing, says something that I can't remember into a microphone, then is blasted high in the air. When she reached the apex of her aerial maneuver, I realized, much to my horror, that the net was not in position. I watched helplessly as my radiant acrobat crashed down on her neck from a terrifing height. I ran over to her lifeless body, then chaos ensued. Sirens, people shouting, an ambulance arriving. I don't remember much after that other than I knew she was dead.

I wonder what this person was meant to signify? Perhaps this tiny ball of positve energy represented hope for the future...but if so, does that mean anything good in my llife will eventually be flung away and destroyed? I don't know, but this little metaphorical journey certainly didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. If there's one thing I don't need right now, it's ominous portents.

No comments: