Saturday, November 18, 2006

Lookin' For Answers...

So I'm sure you've all noticed how much entertainment/celebrity related content there is on this blog lately. A lot of it is here because I have fun writing about it, but it also serves as a deterrent from writing about my personal life which, to be quite honest, is difficult and frustrating right now. After a couple of months of pondering my next move, I had a thought that would involve a lot of risk on my part:

Basically, it would involve returning to school to get my Masters Degree in September 2007. At that point, I would be 33 years old, and if it takes me a full two years to get the degree, I would graduate a month after my 35th birthday. When I really sat down and thought about that, 35 didn't sound too bad. If I got a good paying job right out of the gate, that would give me about five solid years to save up money for a down payment on a house by age 40 (which is the new 30, if you believe what they say).

Now, the tricky part is paying for all of this. Since staying at my house until I am 35 is absolutely unthinkable, I thought what I might do is take out extra loans and grants to cover the cost of an apartment rental for two years. If I stay at a school nearby, the actual tuition might not be too severe, so it could work. I'd essentially be gambling on the fact that this extra schooling would land me a job that paid well enough to pay off the loans in a timely manner.

If I take out all this money, and I end up struggling to find a job (like I've been for the past five years), I'll be up shit's creek without the proverbial paddle...hopelessly mired in debt for the rest of my life.

So, I turn to you loyal readers...should I give it a shot? Let me know what you think. I'd appreciate it.

No comments: